What brings YOU joy? How can you bring more of that good stuff into your life? Right now, in this body? What if this year you focus on shaping your life to fit your body, not shaping your body to fit a life “that is waiting for you”.
Deprivation. The flood of ads in January will have you believe that losing some weight is the fastest and most direct road to “that” happy shiny place. We don’t intentionally set out to deprive ourselves. Is the road to peace and joy really paved with deprivation?
Intentions. Generally a new year’s resolution is intended to expand life. To bring focus and effort towards creating to more joy, peace and happiness, in some form, for the next 12 months. What will expand your joy in 2017?
Values. I’m thinking there are things you would rather be doing instead of counting points and calories. Consider the time, effort, mental and spiritual investment it takes to diet.
Expansion. What if the most direct path was, well…do more of what already brings you joy? What if it was that simple, that what you focus on expands? Missing out on joyful experiences because you’re controlling or afraid of food?
Try mindful eating instead and watch how much time opens up in your day and spirit for the things you really value. Check out my post on mindful eating to see how it can be,
NEED TO LINK THIS TOOL
Coach Yourself Into 2017 – An Invitation To Explore Joy, Vitality and Well-being
Give yourself permission to enjoy some time for self-care here. Small and achievable ideas and goals create big change.
Answer these two questions – and set some deadlines for yourself. Be gentle with yourself, the path to your vision of FEELING good instead of BEING good is not a straight line. Aim for progress, not perfection.
1. MORE JOY PLEASE! What brings you joy, peace and pleasure right now? How can you create more of those things?
Maybe you have noticed that:
- Gratitude enhances your life- you decide to create a formal practice like a gratitude journal.
- Dressing in a comfortable way in clothes you enjoy makes you feel good – you decide to add one new piece a month to your wardrobe
- Gentleness towards yourself creates more peace and ability to make decision that leave you feeling good- you decide to learn more about self-compassion and look for a book, podcast or webinar
- (Whatever is true for you)
2. CLOSE THE GAP What small actions can you take to start closing the gap between where you are now and your vision for vitality and well-being – or being well; body, mind and spirit?
Maybe you’ve noticed that:
- When you were more active you just felt, thought and slept better – you make a commitment to find a way move in way you enjoy
- When you had more time for friendship and socializing you felt more vibrant – you set a goal to research interesting groups to join to get out of the house more and be with others
- You felt more peaceful and energized when you had a creative hobby- you plan the first few steps to get you started again
WHY WAIT? Why wait when you can have that peace and joy right now by doing more of what you love? Dismiss deprivation and “being good”, and embrace feeling good. And watch what happens when you chose to eat mindfully, love food and live life…
I’m here to help. If you want to really dig in and make consistent progress towards your exciting vision check out my coaching package. You can include mindful eating in your goals – or not, it’s your vision for joy, vitality and well-being. Let’s explore!
Trackback from your site.